Monday, November 28, 2011

Starting a WhiskyTasting Club in Korea

A month in to my tour at Camp Humphreys, in South Korea, my withdraw symptoms from missing my local whisky tasting circle in Germany drove me to try and find a group here.  Osan Air base has a Cigar and Scotch Club, but that seems to be mainly a place to sit, talk, drink Black Label from tumblers and smoke- no different really than any other bar or pub.  There is the emphasis on Scotch, but no presentations, tastings, or events, and all the smoke in the room makes serious nosing impossible.  Not exactly what I was looking for.  So, in the absence of anything like the Ansbach Whisky Circle, I am inaugurating my own group: The Humphreys Whisky Club.


I went ahead and posted announcements on the community facebook groups and have already gotten a handful of interested parties.  So, I am ordering a few bottles for the first meeting, working out the format and narrowing down the venue.  So, hopefully with a little luck, I will be meeting with some like-minded malt mates very soon.  Here is the Club's facebook page:  Humphreys Whisky Club

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You should update this to reflect the hard work you put in to make your club so successful. The website, and the two years of great events! Thanks for starting the club, and for leaving it with me.

    ReplyDelete